Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay i am looking into upgrading my systems graphics card, but not sure on what cards i can get which will work on my system, i have:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz
736MB of SDRam
Motherboard is:
MSI (Micro Star) MS-6524
Which comes with an AGP slot that supports 1.5V 4x AGP Card.
On board Sis650 32MB Graphics Card

I am looking to get preferably a 128MB Graphics Card but when looking i see mostly they are AGP 8x and DDRAM and im not sure on what i can put into my current system

I have just had a look on here and read a post below about AGP 4x and 8x and it seems to have cleared up that i can get an AGP 8x card, i think.

Also i need to add its not for Serious gaming, not for like Doom 3 or anything like that, just for other games with not so high spec requirements so im not looking to spend a lot on a card

Any ideas on what i can and cannot get?

·
Registered
209 Posts
i assume you want it to support bf2, doom 3 and the newest games?
or do u want it to perform really well at old games?
also, it helps to give us a range of price you want to spend

if u anser no to the first question i would go with the TI series, theirs a surplus of them cuz they dont run bf2, but they run older games amazing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also i need to add its not for Serious gaming, not for like Doom 3 or anything like that, just for other games with not so high spec requirements so im not looking to spend a lot on a card

i have now been told that AGPx8 will be compatible with my agp x4 slot, and that it doesnt matter what ram i have on the mobo

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
Most AGP 8X cards will downclock to 4X.
You can find something like an ATI 9250,which is direct X 9 compatable
for about $50 or a 9550 for a bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.