Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reinstalled my windows XP pro and did all the updates and all, but my main question is:
after I boot up my pc and walk away from for say 20 min., I come back and my screensaver is running so I move my mouse to get to my desktop, but I have to click on my accpunt to get to the desktop.
I only have one account on this pc for I`m the only one who use`s it, how or what do I have to do so all I have to do is move my mouse and be at my desktop with having to click on my account.
Could it be a update from MS that I might have to remove??
Thanks for your help.

Oh, I might as well ask this, can I change the assigned drive letters assigned to my harddrives??
I have 3 harddrives and when I installeed Win XP, it gave my main hdd with my my os letter "f" instead of (C) drive. and it assigned letter (c:) to my 250 zip drive.
Thanks.

· TSF Team Emeritus
9,495 Posts
Go to display properties and then the screen saver tab and uncheck "password protect" right below where you select what screensaver you want

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to display properties and then the screen saver tab and uncheck "password protect" right below where you select what screensaver you want
I dont see that, but I did remove the check in the box next to the time on when the screesaver is to run , it says " on resume,display welcome screen", I took the check out, will this work??

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw that in my control panel/admin tools.
But if I change the drive letter, I would have to first change the drive letter on my 250 zip from (c:) to something else, then I could right click on my main hdd which was assigned(f:), and assign it the (c:), but I`m told by others that if I do this, my pc maynot boot up after I turn it off or reboot it, is this true??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.