Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have been noticing that i get errors in event viewer and i get a lot of them everyday it always shows a log error about my hard drive and cdrom drive and i have a feeling that there is a hard drive issue but i dont really know what it means and i need help identifying if it is due to hard drive failure

This is the first instance of the error seen during this time period
on Storport Device (Port = 0, Path = 7, Target = 0, Lun = 0) whose Corresponding Class Disk Device Guid is {7175fa1f-d7df-ceb1-30ad-3086648db799}:
The request opcode was 0xFF and completed with SrbStatus 0x4 and ScsiStatus 0x0.
The sense code was (0x0,0x0,0x0).
The io latency was 1 ms.
This is the first instance of the error seen during this time period
on Storport Device (Port = 0, Path = 0, Target = 1, Lun = 0) whose Corresponding Class Disk Device Guid is {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}:
The request opcode was 0x0 and completed with SrbStatus 0x4 and ScsiStatus 0x2.
The sense code was (0x2,0x3A,0x0).
The io latency was 1 ms.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,607 Posts
These event log entries are often created in response to device-related failures. In other words, Disk 0 may be starting to fail.
Do you have more then on HDD/SSD? Press the Windows key +X and choose Disk Management. In the lower pane, you can see all the drives in the computer, and Disk 0. Backup all personal User files from this drive to another drive ASAP.
Download DiskGenius in my signature. Select your disk and go to the toolbar to Disk/View SMART Information. This will give you a quick snapshot of the health of the drive, it is is any less then Good, it needs to be replaced. You can also go to View or Repair Bad Sectors/Start Verify. This will take much longer. It will create a Map of any Bad Sectors if you have them. If you have more ten a couple, you don't have to complete the test, the drive should be replaced.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright my disk is a hgst drive paired with a intel optane memory and the guid is my normal hide drive but i have no idea why it is showing errors for my cdrom and hard drive i will check and tell you the results

· Global Moderator
44,607 Posts
Is this a Laptop or a Desktop.
If a desktop, Change the SATA data cables. Try different SATA ports on the motherboard. Try different power plugs from the PSU.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a HP laptop also it doesn't show the wear level for my hgst drive but everything seems to be fine it says good on everything and also i accidentally did a cylinder check and let it finish and it showed 5 damages but they all said device io timeout and under head and sector it just says not detected but right now i am running sector verify

· Global Moderator
44,607 Posts
You can start computer and press the ESC key and run the HP Diagnostics.
Whatever you decide, you should have a current backup of your files.
I personally would make an Image file of your Disk using Macrium Reflect or your favorite Imaging software and save the image to a USB HDD.
I would make plans to replace the Disk with a new SSD and restore your image from the USB HDD.

· Global Moderator
44,607 Posts
Fixed Hard Disk Drive means it is internally connected it may be a HDD not an SSD in the laptop via the SATA port, as opposed to an External USB HDD.
You still have not given us the HP Laptops Model #. We can't tell you if there is a M.2 NVME port on the motherboard, but if you are sure it has one, then yes, replace it with a M.2 NVME drive

· Global Moderator
44,607 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate your help i have realized that the reason that these things happen is because of my computer being nearly 5 years old and filled with dust and hardware is starting to fail and i have went online and bought a new computer thanks for helping me it is time for me to move on as the power voltages are lower then any new computer the intel optane is still good with its wear level only taking up 20% as it still has 80% of its life currently i am going to use for work and other things appreciate your help man your a true g.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts