Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My phone line currently lets me take up to 1MB broadband. What options are their for me to acheive faster speeds?

I live in England.

Thanks for any help.

Cele.

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
My phone line currently lets me take up to 1MB broadband. What options are their for me to acheive faster speeds?

I live in England.

Thanks for any help.

Cele.
Hi Cele,

The only way that you will be able to get your speed increased is to contact your ISP directly, as they control your broadband speed limits.
Usually they will charge extra for this service.

Regards,

Dave.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked several ISPs on line and they all say I should be able to get speeds up to 4.5MB, though my current ISP only offers me 1MB when I try to upgrade.

Celebryn.

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
You need to have a stern telephone conversation with them, or change ISP's.

:4-cheers:

Dave.

P.S:

As you see, I live in Australia, so I can't help anymore than I have....sorry.

:wave:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I finally was able to get a check by my ISP and they also said up to 4.5MB, though they still offer me 1MB. I am gonna get onto them if if they wont up it to 8MB with free UK calls (only an extra £2!) I will switch ISP.

Thanks, I usually work my way through problems better when I have someone to bounce words back on :p

LOL on saying that their speedchecker showed me as having a 32MB line.. something wrong their I think! Made me laugh!

Cele.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your ISP may offer a lower speed to you due to your distance from the central office or remote terminal. The farther away you are from either one of these, the slower speed you will get. They may have determined that the speed they are offering you is the most reliable speed for your distance........ Just a guess.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like it. BT is upgrading all phone lines. The big change started begining last year. My area is estimated to be done around Oct - DEC
2011!!!! :4-thatsba

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.