Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having almost the same problem

dcdd1 (re: thread 72523) said:
hi,
can somebody help,i have recently had a new pc case and now when i try to save stuff to floppy i get an error message saying "Insert Disc"on top of pop-up with this below "Please insert a disc into drive A:"

i have done a google search,been to the microsoft windows site only this error doesnt come up unless i try to save stuff to floppy??i have also checked in device manager to see if drivers needed updated and right clicked update drivers ,only to have reply say cannot find a better match!

theres no green light on floppy so all connected right+its showing on My computer.........just know what else to try ,any suggestions please???
My problem is simular but different only my floppy drive won't read floppy disks period, I have gone through the steps listed. I had it working for a short time only the drive would only format the disks weither they were formatted or not. I have gotten the message that the floppy disk controller reported an error that is not recognized by the floppy driver. I have checked the device manager and have found nothing it says it's all working properly. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

Since you just changed cases, is it possible that you installed the ribbon cable on upside down? That error is quite common and easy to make. It won't hurt anything, flip it over and give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.