Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone -

I would like to express my sincere thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. I am completely baffled by an ongoing occurence and I hope that you can help me. I am running WIndows XP pro on a dell inspiron 8600 1.8 pentium M w/2 gig RAM and a built in ethernet card. Each day, at least once, some days as many as 5 or 6 times, I am suddenly unable to access the internet. The browser I am using is IE 6.0.2900 ( I also installed firefox and it cannot accesss the net either) and I have all the current XP service packs installed. The browser will not open any webpages and says basically that they cannot be found. If I reboot the computer, the problem goes away and I can access eveything again, sometimes I'm good for the whole day and sometimes I am off again in less than an hour. Now here is the really strange part. I am on a LAN with 15 other computers and mine is the only one this is happening to. In addition, when my tech guy runs the "ping" program, it shows my computer is actually connected to the internet, which explains why I am still able to send and receive emails without any problem! I have tried connecting via a pcmcia card and the built-in wireless card after I seemed to have lost my access to the internet, but the same thing happens with both of them. We are complelety stumped - can anyone shed any light on this?:4-dontkno

Sincerely,

R. Patrick Sutton

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.