Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have: 3.0 GHz - P4 - 800 FSB - 1Gig Ram - GeForce4 64 MB - AGP 8X Slot

A buddy of mine has the exact same setup except he is running a GeForce2 and has a 400 FSB. He has cable internet, I have DSL.

When playing WWIIOL I typically run around 6-7 FPS. He runs around 60. When playing SWG, I run around 24, where he runs around 90. We both have all graphics turned all the way down. Neither of us are overclocking. We've compared each other's systems to a great extent and can find no reason for him to be running faster than me :4-dontkno .

Is there a site/thread I can be pointed to? Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be just plain internet speed? My hard drive is kinda antiquated. Could an improvement there help? I'd like to do some tweaking (if possible) to improve my overall FPS.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There are a few things you can check. How fast is your memory? PC3200, PC2700? A faster hard drive will help load things fast and yes the hard drive can affect your FPS. When was the last time you cleaned out the hard drive of temp files and ran a defrag. Also what video card is your friend using?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's PC3200. I defrag and detemp fairly regularly. It's probably been 2 weeks or so. The hard drive is an 80% full 10Gig jobie that is about 9 years old :SHOCKED: so that could be part of the problem I'd think. He's running a GeForce2 64MB.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah it could be hard drive or a mobo issue unless the timing on his memory is very low but I don't think that would make such a huge difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Does anyone know of any programs I can use to test the funtionality of the mobo? a stress test of sorts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.