Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: Hi I just recently got a computer with a pny geforce6800gt. It worked fine with an lcd monitor my friend used for the computer, however I recently decided to obtain this computer and when we plugged in a monitor to the vga? (normal blue monitor connection) port no red shows. It does this on multiple monitors so I know it is coming from the computers end.

I am unsure if the flatscreen my friend used before had a dvi (if thats the other ports name) connection normally too or if he used a normal connection, so the card could have always been messed up fro mthe vga ports side for all i know. I have a kind of ****ty monitor, but I know it works. I have an adapter to the dvi port which I would be fine connecting my monitor to, except it brings up a blank screen. I know it gets a signal though for when I unplug it the monitor brings up the no signal box.

How do I get the card to display from the dvi port to my monitor through the adapter, or if no red going to the monitor is a common problem with these cards how to I fix it? It isn't drivers either, for my friend had his harddrive in the computer when I first got it, and on his drive and his monitor the screen showed blue as well.

Can someone let me know what to do here? Is my cards monitor vga port dead for good? No strain or bad conditions ever befell the card, as it went striaght from box into the pc. Would there be any way for me to get this replaced by pny or some such thing as the card was bought a while ago at a store and there is obviously no proof of purchase, and the date alone would prolly stop anyoine from exchanging it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.