Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I installed my new Audigy2 in my system. I put the card into my computer and as soon as I did I rebooted only to find that my video card prints random letters and numbers all over the screen. It was fine before I installed the audigy2. Well, I figured it was the audigy that was causing the problem so I took it out and tried to run my computer again and the video card still printed everything all weird. Letters would be missing or numbers would appear in weird places. The computer wouldn't run to windows but instead would freeze at the Windows XP loading screen. When I ran the computer in safe mode it would load like normal and everything was fine (no random letters or numbers). I took my old geforce2 out and installed it in my computer (this is a PCI card, my other card was AGP) and it runs perfect even with my audigy 2 installed. I got the updated drivers for everything and when I put my Ti4800SE back in it still had the problem. I don't get it.

I did use the SpeedGear overclocking tool before the problem happened. But I used it a few days before and the card wasn't overclocked when it "crashed" on me. I think the card is just defective and I'm probably going to send for another one. But, I just don't get how in safe mode everything was fine but it won't boot up normally. Now (a few days later) when I try to run it in safe mode it's perfect except the resolution can't get any higher than the smallest resolution. When I run it in standard VGA it gets alittle weird, like a few lines here and there but it runs. Any ideas?

My computer:
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (333 FSB)
2x256mb DDR SDRAM (Dual Channel to 512mb)
Gainward GeForce4 Ti4800SE 128mb
120gb Maxtor 7200rpm
Lite-On 16x DVD-Rom - Black
Lite-On 52x24x52x CD-RW Burner - Black
CreativeLabs Audigy 2 Platinum - Black
420w Power Supply
Leadtek nForce2 Motherboard with 8x AGP

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.