Discussion Starter #1
System Stats:
Windows XP SP 1
Pentium 4
2.68GHz
512MB of RAM
120 Gig Hard Drive

Problem:
My GeForce4 Ti 4800 video seems to be having some trouble running games properly, but only certain games. I can play Battlefield 1942, Raven Shield, etc. just fine, but with Enter the Matrix and MS Combat Flight Simulator 3 is where I have the problem. I get a scrambled flashing screen... (see photo) As you can see, it's transparent, but makes playing those games impossible. I've downloaded drivers, patches, messed with settings. No luck. Can anyone help?

Attachments

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I have had similar problems with Combat Simulator 3, it is (in my opinion of course) a very poorly built game. The graphics are bad and the engine is unstable. What version of DirectX do you have?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Have you tried running dxdiag (type it in from start-run)? It will report any errors it finds in your video card drivers.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
unfortunately, this is the extent of my knowledge of problems like this, but I'm sure someone else will chime in and give some help.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
well

when you start the game do you use your 3d accelerator? or do you tell it to use a software rendering device?

~BoB~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.