Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Geforce4 to replace my Voodoo5. When I installed the card windows started up fine, but when I installed the drivers, windows will not load completely. It will get to the point where it has the Windows ME screen, then after that I get a black screen with the cursor blinking in the upper left corner. I downloaded the most recent driver from the nvidia webpage, but I get the same result. Any help with this would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is somewhat like a problem I had when I went from my voodoo3 to a Nvidia/ATI card (it would not perform correctly, and would have other problems)

Neither would work correctly. I thought it was a problem with the motherboard itself

I got really annoyed and eventually just deleted /windows and reloaded windows from scratch

this fixed the problem totally. Otherwise...

I suggest loading the Default MS VGA drivers first (from the Display Properties ->Adpater -> Change Adapter)

then reload windows with those default VGA drivers loaded. After this, reload the Nvidia drivers. If it dosen't work. the only thing I can suggest is reloading windows from scratch like I did

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.