Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Err... most of it is in my profile, but these are the basics.

I run a winxp os2 pc with onboard 256mb. I have an AMD Athlon 950 MHz processor, and have a Geforce4 MX440 card with 64mb of memory.

My problem lies in the display when gaming.

While playing Black & White, they start off the story line with a wide ocean, and on it theres an island, and then 3 ppl. In the distance is the sun and up top is the sky.

PROBLEM:

On my card, the ocean loads up... thats all. Every few seconds, the island flicks in and out of view. The ppl look spasm-y, hands and feet show erratically and details change constantly, such as sharp corners etc.

As the characters move, then seem to "smear" or leave behind a long line, i think its the step-effect.

The sky only shows a few times, then doesnt load up at all, instead turning into a black void, and the sun constantly trails.

I tried to run aquamark3, the benchmarking program for video cards. I ran it on lowest of the low settings, but certain things didnt show (i dont know what to call em, so i'll call em 'layers')

It displays a small submarine manuevering through rock formations

PROBLEM:

My pc shows a submarine trail going through the screen, and the rock formation around it flickers in and out of view, erratically.

ATTEMPTS:

I tried to flash my bios, update my chipset drivers, vid drivers, etc. I heard on a forum that someone fixed problems by disabling the windows default sound drivers, and i did that---nothing happened. I re-wrote bios for optimum stability, nothing.

It seems to be a permanent thing with the card, but i dunno.

Help anyone? :cry:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.