Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[sorry for my horrible english...]
Hi all, first time here, I hope to post a lot of stuff... but now, I´ve a big trouble... So the first topic will be a question...

I´ve a Toshiba notebook with a GeForce4 420Go. It has a S-Video TV out, I plugged the S-Video cable on TV and Notebook. I can see the desktop without problems... but, I cant see any video that is playing on TV (only a black screen), on the monitor it is working perfect... The Overlay Control on VideoCard properties isnt working (seems it´s blocked, I cant change anything). I did the NView Video sharing, but no success... Can anyone help me?

Thx!

·
Registered
277 Posts
You can see ur Desktop -> that TV Out
Cant see you Videos (from VCR) -> thats TV In
Most Laptops dont have TV In

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I think I know exactly what your problem is. I have had this problem too with the S-Video out on my Radeon 8500LE. It turns out that it was the media player that was at fault. Try downloading an alternative media player such as Quick Time (I'm sorry to have to recommend the media player of my least favorite company, but I have seen that one work with Video out).

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Hello there Kafei, whats going on !!!
When you say that overlay control on video card properties are not working , do you mean they are grayed out and you cannot click on anything ? have you tried looking for updated drivers for your video card ?

P.S. Your english is very good, glad to have you onboard, hope you have fun !!! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can see ur Desktop -> that TV Out
Cant see you Videos (from VCR) -> thats TV In
Most Laptops dont have TV In
Seems you understand wrong... I have a Laptop that can "send" the desktop image to a TV, I can see everything (programs and stuff) but everytime it opens a video, it dont appears on TV, only on Monitor. Thx anyway!

When you say that overlay control on video card properties are not working , do you mean they are grayed out and you cannot click on anything ?
That´s right. On my desktop pc (with a GeForce2 MX400+TV-Out) it works fine. But on my Laptop, I can´t change anything...

have you tried looking for updated drivers for your video card ?
Yeah! I´ve installed the detonator driver, but nothing changes (any dll, or driver change...) Then I tried to "Update Drivers" on windows task, but nothing works when I do that (even choosing the same driver and stuff, I got some weird lines after windows restarts, then I´ve to use System Restore on Safe Mode).

Thx

Try downloading an alternative media player such as Quick Time (I'm sorry to have to recommend the media player of my least favorite company, but I have seen that one work with Video out).
I´m going to try that... But I wanted to play some DVD movies, but the DVD Player (PowerDVDxp) also dont work... But good idea, I´ll try other player.

Thx, if anyone else know anything about, I would be pleased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.