Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off...HOWDY!! I just found this forum on an www.alltheweb.com search, and I have to say GREAT FORUM!! Couldn't find the answer to my issue on a search, but then, it's kind of an odd error. Any help that anyone could/would provide is mucho appreciated!

Anyway...here's the problem. I just installed an older GeForce3(I had a GeForce4MX4200 installed, but it has been having problems...keeps freezing up in 3-D games) that I borrowed from a buddy. I uninstalled the driver for it, swapped the card, let XP install the mini-driver, then re-installed the NVidia driver. Everything worked fine, except now my computer wont show animation on gifs. It will show the gif in it's starting frame, but it wont animate. :confused: Every other video function seems to work fine though. It plays movies(.mov, .mpg, .avi) just fine, all the colors are fine, pictures are crisp and clear, etc. I really have no complaints with the card(other than the speed, but then, considering how old my computer is, the GeForce3 really isn't the bottleneck :D ), but this is an incredibly annoying error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any and all help! :)

Nacht

EDIT: Oh, in case anyone's wondering, yes, gifs worked fine with the GF4...I even reinstalled it just to be sure, and yep, animations worked fine, but when I re-installed the GF3...no more gifs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummmm...hello? Is this thing on?

*Noone* has *any* suggestions/ideas/random thoughts?

Please?

*SIGH*

*More Crickets*

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
x5dr said:
go to....

Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Multimeda...Play Animations
Yep, already checked there, and the box is checked. I even unchecked it, hit apply, rechecked it, hit apply. Still nothing.

Plus, the problem isn't just in IE. They wont animate in ACDSee either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.