Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a geforce 4 ti 4600 distributed by aopen. It worked great for 3 months, but now, every time i start up, there are grey vertical lines, from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen. Pairs of 4 about 3 inches apart from eachother. Then when it gets into xp, there are just vertical lines, over the whole thing. When i try to reinstall the newest drivers, the OS restarts itself, then when it gets to the point where the desktop loads, the monitor turns itself off and gives me a message saying, check connection, check pc. Is my video card shot for some unknown reason? Is there anything i can do at all? This is horrible.
Isaiah

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look is you monitor connected to Geforce TI 4600 and what kain of monitor you have?
The monitor needs to be connected to Geforce TI 4600

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the monitor is hooked up properly to the GeForce and i havw a plug and play proview monitor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm I dont know why it is happening but I will ask my friend what is the problem with your monitor.
I think your monitor is to old or broken.
But I will ask my friend

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you purchased the retail version of the card from the store it should still have a warranty through aopen. You could try contacting them.

~GICodeWarrior

·
Registered
8 Posts
I askt my friend and he says it is becouse of Geforce TI 4600 he thinks so go change Geforce TI 4600 and say that it is broken

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's hardware failure of the chip on the board. I've seen that before - it happens only rarely on nvidia products though. Get a replacement from the distributor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.