Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...question about my new GeForce:

I just installed my GeForce fx5500, and I'm using a DVI to VGA adaptor to run two regular CRT monitors side-by-side. (a Mag 19" in the VGA port, and a HP 15" through the adaptor to the DVI port) Everything works fine, except when in dual-monitor mode, the highest resolution it will allow on either monitor is 1024x768.

Currently, I have the Mag set at 1024x768 and the HP set at 800x600. Is there any way to increase the resolution of the Mag to 1280x1024 while in dual monitor mode? (it does allow me to set at that resolution while in single display mode) Or is this just a limitation of this card that I'll have to live with until I can afford an upgrade?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Unless you have just 4MB of VRAM, which you don't, you can't go above that. Does your system properly identify your monitors? If it doesn't know what they can do then you'll be limited to more "safe" resolutions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!

Thanks for the post. I ended up fixing the problem by replacing the 15" with a newer, 20" CRT. Now both monitors run at 1280x1024 with no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.