Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system was running fine until I obtained the ms.blaster virus. After ridding the machine of this virus i noticed small errors, like playing mpegs would lock up my pc. I reinstalled windows xp fresh, formatting the hard drive completely and now problems are worse. When i boot up, the very first screen i see when the machine is turned on (the bit where info on your graphics card is displayed) is now all filled with garbage, lots of odd characters displayed in vertical lines down the screen. when windows is loading the screen is fine, displaying the windows xp logo and the loading progress bar.
Windows loads and runs fine, still cant play videos however and now games wont work properly at all. I ran 'Mafia' and the menu screen displayed loads of white and blue dots, also the screen flickered now and then. Sim City 4 had a different problem where the game screen wouldnt show at all.
Testing direct draw on dxdiag caused my pc to crash.
I had installed the newest drivers from nvidia and have already been told these could be to blame, however i have uninstalled these and tried earlier versions but the problem is still there.
I have also installed direct x 9.0 b

My system:
AMD Athlon 2000XP+
512mb DDR 333 RAM
K7S6a Mainboard
GeForce 4 Ti 4200

I have looked up many discussion boards on this topic and it seems that many people have the same problem but i couldnt find any solutions that helped.

Anyone help?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.