Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer reboots anytime I load a directx application, movie (divx), or anything more than regular windows screens. I ran dxdiag and all the tests work fine except Test Direct 3d. This test reboots the machine. I just reinstalled windows xp, thinking that was the problem. No effect. I have the latest video drivers, via agp drivers, motherboard bios is up to date, basically all my drivers are the latest versions. (I have tried every single version on nvidia's site thinking that the old drivers might work better.) There are no conflicts that I can see, irqs are ok. I think my card is defective. I hope it isn't and that someone out there can come up with a solution to this problem. I can't play any games or watch any movies. Note the card was working fine until 3 weeks ago. Since then I have been trying to fix this problem.

Specs:
MSI Geforce 3 - TI 200 - 128 mb
Gigabyte GA-7ZXE
AMD Athlon 800 mhz
Windows XP Pro (Tried with and without SP1)
400 mb SDRam

·
Registered
16 Posts
are you sure you have the latest drivers?
You can never be too sure..... o_O

but anyway, you could try installing DX 9
Try checking out the nVidia's website again for updated drivers, last year WinXP completely ignored TNT2's OpenGL capability in one of the revisions of the drivers. They may have fixed it now. I had that problem with my Radeon 9700, but once I re-downloaded updated drivers it all worked fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.