Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a 64mb Nvidia GeForce 2 mx400 installed on a Jetway V266B MB.

When the system is booting, the Bios says it is a MX 400 64 Mb card, but in Dirextx in Windows it says it is only a 32MB card and it seems to be running slower than it did in Windows 98 Se.

has anyone any ideas please, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
it's the same computer as before? the only difference is the os?

You probably know this but the first thing I recemend is making sure you have windows xp drivers for your video card. Try a complete uninstal and a reinstall of it maybe..

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the latest XP driver.

I uninstalled the default XP driver then installed the new one but it still says it is a 32mb card.

Gonna try a different card today plus put more memory in the pc, has 128meg at the moment.
Also gonna try a 400watt psu, got a 300 at the moment.

Kalmah said:
it's the same computer as before? the only difference is the os?

You probably know this but the first thing I recemend is making sure you have windows xp drivers for your video card. Try a complete uninstal and a reinstall of it maybe..

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I forgot that you said it was 64 mb and only showing up as 32. That is a bit odd. I've never had anything like that happen before.

If all else fails, goto the intel website, download the chipset detecter program to see what chipset you have, then download the updated inf drivers for your chipset. That tends to fix problems with computers detecting hardware wrong quite a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.