Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have the situation where where we have a data projector which get moved from computer lab to lab as needed.
IT is used for showing things to students and hence is used in to show a clone of what is on the screen in any given situation.

My problem is when you boot the computer without something plugged into one of the the outs of the graphics card the nvidia drivers disable the other port untill someone comes around and actually sets cloning back up again. Is there anyway that it can just always be on so when a user comes in and plugs in the projector it works. They are beggining to get annoyed at always having to call tech support to come and set the dual display up and its time consuming for us too!
They people that are using the data projector arnt the most computer savvy around

Cheers
Frente

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey i know it's years later and no answer. What do you think the answer is back in the day? wow,... just finding all this stuff after so many years,...i feel so stupid back then.

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Wow , thats gotta be the longest wait for a follow up I've ever seen. I didn't even know this went back as far as 2003. As for your question from 6 years ago , the same still applies today. You can't plug in and unplug monitors to a pc while while it's running and not expect to have to adjust the settings.

However , to solve your problem ,if the card has and s-video out you can connect a small s-video to composite adapter to it and leave it in. Then connect the projector using a composite cable. By leaving the s-video to composite adapter in the pc you trick it into think a tv is constantly connected while being able to connect and disconnect it from the projector on the fly.

However I know from experience the geforce 2 will reset the s-video port when the machine reboots. I can say for sure that the nvidia 6 series and ati x series will retain the tv out setting even if the machine is off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.