Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gateway Solo 9300 model - second owner, no owners manual.
This morning when turning on the power, the computer would not power up. I detached the printer cable, wifi, and replugged the unit straight into an outlet instead of the power strip. No success when pressing power 'on'.
The green light is on with the power supply unit that plugs into the wall. Is there a reset button on this machine, and if so, where is it ... and if so, is that a valid thing to press ... or does it reset all programs etc back to factory default?
Alternatively, is there a power fuse that may be blown?
The battery test button indicates 100% power.
Many thanks for your assistance with this.
GeneD

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
hi GeneD,

try doing these first:
1. remove battery and unplug AC adapter
2. press power ON button for 30 secs atleast
3. attach battery and plug in back the AC adapter
4. power ON as normal

btw, notice any of LEDs light up when you power ON? if they don't, check the output of the AC adapter and also the DC jack. however if you have a charged battery and the LEDs do not come up each time you power ON, it could mean a dead motherboard.

try to power ON using only the battery (AC adapter unplugged from laptop). do the opposite (remove the battery), use AC adapter only.

post back what you find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back on this.
1- removed AC Adapter, removed battery, pressed "on" for 30+ seconds; then placed battery back in, reattached adapter, pressed "on" button - nothing.
2- without adapter, "on" - no results.
either way ... no lights on the computer.

I noticed the last time, the computer did not turn on right away, and when it was on, I heard a beep every now and then ... that had nothing to do with the screen ... as when you get a new email message.

Is there a reset button or a fuse? Or is there something I can check further to see if the problem is not the mother board. I thought about the problem being the power from the adapter, but the battery tested 100% and when attempting to turn the unit on w/o the adapter ... no lights went on. That's why the question about the fuse ... and reset button ... or circuit breaker.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
hi GeneD,

about the reset button, fuse, etc... best to check your service manual on this. the service manual can usually be found over the internet. try to Google or search for it in Gateway website.

also check the power button/switch and its cables. some laptops have a switch circuit board where the power ON switch is located. this is the one under the power ON button. again the service manual would come in handy here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.