1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gateway M505B2 Driver Issue

Well on the final leg of this overhaul i find myself needing 2 last drivers,
Windows XP Pro (2002) SP3

After updating the necessary devices i am left with two frustrating drivers needed, "right click update driver from internet": Nothing

Download driver from the net, slap it on gig stick then proceed to update driver via pointing it at the device: Nothing

Multiple "scan and auto detect" programs: Nothing

Fully updated Windows through windows update: Nothing

Certainly there is a work around has anyone had these issues at all?

Edited: One more thing "Wireless LAN_Intel_ 1.2.2.8_XPx86_W2K" works flawlessly as a Wireless Manager, the Graphics update is what is killing me the most!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have I dl'd all drivers and applied the ones that would take. I mistakenly installed win XP with a SD card plugged in where as my drive letter is D instead of C and some of the drivers I loaded so the "create cab" fails. Other than that I've tryed most everything I can think of short of changing my drive letter which is sure to cripple my OS

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to change main drive letter from D: to C: the use that graphics driver along with the others I have found so as to allow the initial "cab create" on C:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Concerned about playing a shell game with my boot drive letter I know how to do it but I'm apprehensive has anyone done this of their own accord before?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Re: Gateway M505B2

Try the graphics driver here

The modem driver from the link joeten posted should work.
I've tryed this one but because my Boot drive is D: instead of C: it has this error.

Then i remembered i could right click the installer and open it with Winrar after viewing the contents of the installer i was then able to select setup.exe

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't find the correct driver for my PCI Modem

Also

The driver for a "Gateway M505B2 Card Reader" so i can put my micro sd into a sd card adapter and view the contents!

It just says Please insert a disk into the drive:

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Banned
918 Posts
If you aren't using the PCI Modem to connect to the internet (using phone landline), you don't need that driver and can disable the device instead.

·
Helper
4,126 Posts
Problems can occur if the wrong removal method is used ->

Gateway Support - Frequently Asked Questions list forHow do I use a SD memory card with the Gateway M500 and M505 notebooks?

"Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1007454, 1007455, 1007484, 1007560, 1007598, 2900170, 2900171, 3501654, 3501764

Q: How do I use a SD memory card with the Gateway M500 and M505 notebooks?

A: How to Use a Memory Card

Important: Do not use the remove hardware icon on the taskbar to remove the memory card.
  1. Insert the memory card into the memory card slot with the label facing up and the arrow on the label pointing towards your notebook.
  2. To access a file on the memory card, from the Start menu, click My Computer. Double-click the drive letter (for example, drive E), and then double-click the file name.
  3. To remove the memory card, verify that the disk drive status indicator is off, and then pull the memory card out of the computer. "

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,715 Posts

Did you try changing the C to a D in the line just a thought

·
Registered
40,888 Posts

You can unzip the driver file to anywhere. If D: is your boot drive, change the Unzip location to be D:\ or if C: is the boot drive, change it to C:\ do not add Cabs, as this is a Windows Cabinet folder should not have anything added to it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I opened with winrar and used installer... when the file was double clicked it would freeze and you couldn't interact with the II to change directory and would eventually error out. I got the graphics driver sorted now I just need the other driver.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CCT said:
Problems can occur if the wrong removal method is used ->

Gateway Support - Frequently Asked Questions list forHow do I use a SD memory card with the Gateway M500 and M505 notebooks?

"Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1007454, 1007455, 1007484, 1007560, 1007598, 2900170, 2900171, 3501654, 3501764

Q: How do I use a SD memory card with the Gateway M500 and M505 notebooks?

A: How to Use a Memory Card

Important: Do not use the remove hardware icon on the taskbar to remove the memory card.

[*]Insert the memory card into the memory card slot with the label facing up and the arrow on the label pointing towards your notebook.
[*]To access a file on the memory card, from the Start menu, click My Computer. Double-click the drive letter (for example, drive E), and then double-click the file name.
[*]To remove the memory card, verify that the disk drive status indicator is off, and then pull the memory card out of the computer. "
When I try that it says "please insert disk"

Janitor - thanks I wasn't aware of this.

I went out and bought a data/charge USB cord $10 now I can access my micro SD card without taking it out of my phone but I will download that driver to see if it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any luck finding those videos drivers? I'm having the exact same problems and could use the information. Also can you post the link to all the drivers you have gotten so that I can download and archive a set for myself? Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.