Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my laptop worked great.. everything is well, and i thought id go ahead and do a battery calibration on it just for giggles... it finished and i hit the escape key... and windows was booting up.. i hit F2 do goto the bios menu.. when i did that the pc turned off... now its dead! yes DEAD! does nothing.. no lights, no music.. just anger! any suggestions as to what could have happened... i tried booting up with the battery out and ac in and nothing, plus vice versa. any help would be greatly appreciated! (its my baby) thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
when you push the power button, it just stays off? or does it do something. please explain what in detail if possible

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Might it be stuck in standby mode? If something went wrong in the calibration proces then the computer might think that there's no power left...just a thought, though that still wouldn't explain the fact that AC doesn't work either...

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
you scared it

now it is going to need some serious therapy...

if you maybe talk to it for a while, it might start up....

my friend had one that wouldnt start, he had to disconnect the battery and the clock battery, and the cmos battery. then he waited about three days.

he put it all back together, except the big battery, and it started up...

then when he put the big battery back in, it would not start again...

his solution:
a new battery.

~BoB~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.