Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just messing around on my laptop seeing what all i could do and for some random reason it went to a black screen as if it is off but the blue light says it's still on. I can get the screen to come up in safe mode but in normal start up i get absolutely nothing. I've tried taking the battery out and holding the power button for thirty seconds and turning it back on in normal mode but i still get a black screen, i just got it last night. No blue screen just random blankness...any ideas of what it could be and how i could fix it??

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Greetings behrens10, :welcome: to TSF.

I was just messing around on my laptop seeing what all i could do and for some random reason it went to a black screen as if it is off but the blue light says it's still on. I can get the screen to come up in safe mode but in normal start up i get absolutely nothing. I've tried taking the battery out and holding the power button for thirty seconds and turning it back on in normal mode but i still get a black screen, i just got it last night. No blue screen just random blankness...any ideas of what it could be and how i could fix it??
What were you doing when you were "just messing around" on your Laptop?:4-thatsba

Try this suggestion...
Turn off the computer; then, power it back on, whilst continuing to tap the F8 key.
This will take you to a screen with a number of options; select Last known good configuration; allow the computer to boot up.

Post back with the results, and the answer to my query.

Kind Regards,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.