Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the lcd going bonkers with vertical colored lines & no picture. This is brought on by moving the screen up & down. Backlite works fine. Connected to external monitor and it works fine but no good on the lcd. checked all connections, replaced lcd cable with new one. Still no good. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
colored lines again

i'm getting the same problem with an emachine m6811 (shadow case) close to the left side there is a cluster of colored lines, when i move the screen they change slightly, i can push on a corner and get them to go away, but more come up somewhere else...i've completely taken the screen apart and was checking the connections to maybe find a short or something...and at the very top back of the screen itself, there is a piece of white tape (looks like it's covering all the contacts where the display board attaches to the lcd itself) anyway, there is a big piece of yellow tape right under it saying: "^^^DO NOT TOUCH WHITE TAPE, VERY SENSITIVE AREA!!!^^^" I look closely at the tape and noticed a couple of spots where the case covering the screen has pressed into it...that's about all i can tell you cause i couldn't get the tape off, and i don't know exactly how the signal gets to a lcd screen, so i don't know what could be done to fix it, except replace the screen...maybe someone who has a little more knowledge of lcd screens can help...i'm going to take a trip to a couple websites, do some research, take it back apart, and let you know of any solutions. btw...sorry, but it's not the inverter, that's only for the backlight, and it works fine...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.