Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gateway 450ROG laptop that after is running a while, the screen will get blurry. If you press on the keyboard above the video card, it may clear up or it may lock the computer up. This is the second computer (same model) that I have experianced this with. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Steve N.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not an expert but sounds like a connection issue. There are two locatons where wires come from the LCD, remove the LED powerboard and keyboard and check that the connections are seated.

Right above the video portion of the MB is a small circuit board attached to the MB, pushing there maybe causing the lockups. Also attached to this card is a wire that goes back to the LCD, not sure what it does so don't know if this maybe the loose connection part.

Just replaced the MB on my brothers 450ROG in which it would not boot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Circuit board by the video card is the modem. I did remove that just incase you had a good idea there, but it didn't help. Neither did making sure the cables were tight.

thanks, anyone else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread has been dead for a while...but my Gateway 450sx4 has been exhibiting the same issue. I thought it at first to be an issue with the LCD or connection, but after removing the LCD *entirely*, I get the same problem using an external monitor. Th eonly thing left that I can surmise would be the logic board...anyone have any experience with these?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.