Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Moderator, Automotive Team
14,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok since we do not have a home appliance section, and I KNOW theres a expert of this particular issue I have somewhere, I will ask it here. I heat my house with a Dayna -GloLP gas heater model IR30DTL-2 that i bought from Lowes a couple of years ago , last week it randomly shut off, with a full tank, now I knwo a regulator either works or doesnt work, so thats out of the question so I called my local deversified office in Rich Square, they said it was the Thermocouple and the man I spoke with asked if it was LP AND NG , I said yes, he said " since you dont use teh NG said swap he LP thermocouple out wih the NG one all it does is detect a heat signal" when I looked inside sure enough they both screw onto eh same junction going to the safety valve,
so.....here's my question.....91) is it really the thermocouple? I havent had the problem since, and 92) if it is where in the world can I purchase a thermocouple for it, I tried lowes and diversified, and even google, I can NOT find any help

14,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

14,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

14,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kinda did, kinda didn't, I have to order the thermocoupls through Tractor supply, so I went to the TC in Ahoskie and talked to Tanya, shes a expert of their propane heaters, and she said to take it apart and clean or replace the pilot valve because a piece of dust can clog the thing up and make it shut off, )( she knows because her husband is the top tech at Jeragan propane LOL ) So, since its 61 outside I'll disassemble teh heater today and see what i can do with a blast of air through a valve and a pipe cleaner LOL

14,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE:::::: I cleaned the Pilot tube with canned air, blew a small amount of dust out and so far no problems, so, I'm guessing I add that to my annual pre op cleaning

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.