Hello everybody, today my laptop has become blind. Let me explain:

My laptop was purchased in 2007
Specs:
Alienware m9750
Dual nvidia 7950 go
Dual core 2.0
2 gigs of ram
80 gb harddrive

So here's what happened, today I was watch s movie on netflix when suddenly my screen goes black. Though I had crashed but my laptop was still on and the sound was still going. restarted, and the initial screen was slightly pixellated and garbled. Which has now made my laptop permanent garbled and pixely. After the windows logo. My screen goes black, but I am still hear the windows start up sound. I found that I am able to click on some music files on my desktop that are able to play, so this is a video issue. I reboot in safe mode which works this time figure to disable and uninstall the videocard drivers. I restart and I'm able to use my pc somewhat normally( still garbled). Reinstalled the nvidia drivers then halfway through says: error install failed or something, it happen really fast then crashed, tried restarting atleast 20 times in safe mode but it freezes up after it tries to load partition(1)\windows\system32\drivers\mup.sys

All of the other options for start up(even last settings to work) the screen goes black after the windows logo. I have tried tinkering with the bios but it doesn't help. Its basically being blind using a computer. So I'm wondering if there is anyway to possibly blindly open up command prompt and possibly disable or uninstall the drivers from there, I'm about 80% sure that the drivers are just corrupt because they were not able to finish and removing them would do the trick.

I know this is kinda long but I would greatly appreciate any help or input. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.