Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a new ASUS M2N68-AM Plus motherboard with a SDH1150IAA3DE CPU (AMD Sempron 64 LE-1150). On first boot the motherboard logo screen is distorted. I can see some text and can get to the BIOS by holding down DEL but again in the BIOS it is as if there are two duplicate screens which are side by side and overlapping. If I exit the boot with F10 and let it boot to the HD the screen fills with characters, like a screen full of [ with a few intelligent words here and there and one or two flashing characters. I'd sure appreciate some help if anyone has seen this problem.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Are you able to get to Windows? Try installing motherboard drivers from the CD if you can.

However, I suspect the video controller on your motherboard is bad. What are you using for video? Onboard or a card?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The4 Bios should be clearly visible with no drivers installed. Are you using the Onboard Graphics? Is this a custom build or did you replace the Mobo in an OEM PC?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't been able to install the chipset drivers because I cant read the screen enough to work out where the option is. I can see the tab key work it's way thru what is probably the normal on screen menu but its all over the place...This is an OEM PC. It's a barebones unit with no interface cards, a SATA HD MAXTOR Diamond 2180 GB .
Wait up. I just removed one of the RAM modules and now it boots up with a normal screen. What's with that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alls well now. Chip-set installed and all drivers updated normally. Its a mystery. One other interesting thing was I fully expected XP to see new hardware and ask to re-register but there was none of that. Uh Hah. Thanks for your prompt replies. Much appreciated.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,879 Posts
I haven't been able to install the chipset drivers because I cant read the screen enough to work out where the option is. I can see the tab key work it's way thru what is probably the normal on screen menu but its all over the place...This is an OEM PC. It's a barebones unit with no interface cards, a SATA HD MAXTOR Diamond 2180 GB .
Wait up. I just removed one of the RAM modules and now it boots up with a normal screen. What's with that?
It must have been corrupted or incompatible.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
I don't know why the RAM would cause the problem seeing the Bios clearly but glad to hear you got it resolved.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The same thing happens to me because i have a crappy off-brand psu and it doesnt give enough power on startup to properly start up my video card and half the time it doesnt even start up windows until I hit the restart button on my computer. You're doubtfully having the same problem from installing a new motherboard but you never know right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.