Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could be the possible effects if you play games and study at the same time in your situation, is it gonna affect your time and your mind? Or do you have a control of it? Any opinions?:laugh:

·
Games Team | Tech, Networking Team-Tech
3,752 Posts
For this past school year for me, I spent several hours each day in school, and when I was finished, I played, then did some work. I went back and forth, as coming off several hours of school and doing homework was just too much for me, I had to give my brain a break. But at the same time, I wouldn't recommend doing both at the same time, either. You would probably have little concentration on work/study.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just somehow attach your textbook to your monitor. That way, when you get killed or whatever you can read a few more sentences before you re-spawn.:grin:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Possible effects? Loss of hard won discipline, loss of concentration and focus as you find your attention "split" while trying to attempt that. And this goes for your studies too ;-)

It is as Indoril Nerevar says. "Study first and play games afterwards" Get your priorities straight and stay focused on what is more important.

As a mother of gamers (and who games herself) my advice was always get your studies/work done first. Besides, after the studies are done, you'll get more out of your gameplay as "unwinding therapy". Sounds boring but you will not regret it later.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Laurie52 said:
after the studies are done, you'll get more out of your gameplay as "unwinding therapy"
Extremely true. When you play games before finishing your study, you feel kind of guilty the whole time (at least, you do if you care about your results), and it makes the game less enjoyable. If you know that you've done all your work, the game is much more fun, because there's nothing nagging at the back of your mind and you can fully get into enjoying the game.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do both.

When I play I study...

when I study I play with it. You know what i'm saying. :smile:

But I study harder when play online gaming. Coz' for me gaming is not just a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

You're not just playing, you're becoming a strategist, it's like you have your own language hehe!

Good thing with gaming is... You're THINKING.. on how to be the number one.. hahaha!

Most important is.. Study first and study hard. Then you'll become a good gamer.

Cheers!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well Put.....Use both to achieve the same objective.....treat the studying like the game...plan the attack in your mind and then strike. Use studying as a catalyst for gaming.

Jones

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
In my world, its family,school, and sports/games.
No game is worth your life...even thou sometimes I find I cannot get off a good game xD.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Personally I study while I play. So when I'm taking the exam or test Ill think about a certain part of the game I'm playing and I will remember what I studied..

My friends tried this and it didn't work too well for them, I guess you need to be a good multi-tasker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.