Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

currently have the MX 700 mouse but upgrading Keyboard as its not responding properly & thought I may upgrade mouse as well, any preference for gaming mice? I heard the MX 518 (although its corded) is fast at 1600dpi? also the MX 1000???

is there any weapon of choice?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
I use the MX1000 for gaming, upgraded from the Logitech MouseMan Pro, both cordless. The MX1000 uses a laser sensor which is 20 times more sensitive than optical sensors and works well on most surfaces.

Battery life is good, it lasts for 5-7 days and recharges in about 4 hours.

The size might be a problem, it's bigger and heavier than most mice, but the thumb groove and button positioning make it very comfortable to use.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
for gaming corded mice are normally better as they can transfere the signals faster. I have a mx518 and love it u can siwtch sensitivity on the fly and adjust it in a little program they give u for any game u have.

My friend has the mx1000 laser and he loves it i guess its just a choice on what u like better

thers also a company named Razor and they make mice just for gaming, they released a nice mouse named copperhead might want to check that out even though i dont like their feel of the mouse. MX 518 would be my recomendation for 50$

·
Registered
159 Posts
Even though cordless mouses are great I think the best gaming mouse out as of now is the Logitech G5 laser mouse. It has the best responisiveness and feels the nicest on the hand. I have had experience with all the gaming mouses including the 510, 518, 1000 and the razer diamondback. I like the g5 laser mouse also because it has wieghts. When you by it there is a flap on the bottom of the mouse that lets you add little weights that come with the mouse so you can set how heavy you like your mouse. I think this is a big advantage espiecally because i hate very light mouses like the razer models. The g5 is 55 on new egg and it has 2000dpi and good drivers and control over the mouses functions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the moose is loose

Thanks guys

really want to stay cordless (had an MX700) so I grabbed the MX1000 seems very good and response is excellent, it is a bit big but the MX700 was hardly small so no biggie..

also ordered the MX518 gaming grade to see how that fares in comparison...I like the look of it...has an evil side..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.