Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I got this problem where my PC always freezes or crashes to the desktop when I try to start up a game. In Battlefield 2 it freezes whenever it loads the map. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Computer Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
ATI Radeon X800 Pro
1 GB RAM
200 GB Hard Drive
450W PSU
MSI K8N Neo2 Platnium

Thanks. Much help appreciated

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just look at the sticker on the side of your Power Supply, and post whatever it says. We can decipher the strange numbers.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Assuming that the sticker is right you have just enough amperes on the ever-vital 12v line to support your system. However, I've never even heard of that brand so I can't say if those printed values can be trusted.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I really want to slap blame on the PSU because I don't know if I can trust it. And why is BF2 being such a butt for everyone?!

If you have some extra cash you may want to go out and buy a quality PSU from Antec or Enermax. if it works, great! If not, then return the PSU and we'll dig further.

·
Registered
209 Posts
saves money...
if you have the money, buy one, or test one from a friend.
Also be sure you have good enough cooling if u do buy one that only has 1 fan.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just found out something last night. After my friend was done using my computer, I got on. He was using the guest account and didn't log off, so I thought what the heck and clicked on BF2. I played single player and it worked. The settings was default and when I went to change it, it froze. Does that mean it's the settings? I would of thought an X800Pro, 3800+, and 1Gb of RAM would be able to handle Bf2.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Turning up settings will begin to draw more power. If you PSU isn't able to put out what it says it can then you begin running into errors. If you can test with a better one then we'd have the problem nailed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
hes right, tho i know of a glich i was getting with my mx440 at one point, if you only have the problem with 1 game then it could be the settings. try changing the 32 vers 16 bit color, if that doesnt help and its still a problem in all games, then hes right about the power supply.

·
Registered
10 Posts
heat issue?
My friends gf 6600 gt does right about the same.
Try get some cooling somewhere to ur gfx card and try again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.