Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I've got a intel pentium 4 at 3.2 GHZ, 1024MB DDR 2-533 sdram, NVIDIA G-force 6600 LE 256 mb with OS WINDOW XP sp2...
When i try to play a game(recently i am trying to play Commandos 3!) it freezes and after a while the pc is rebooting it happens all the time it may take 1 minute it may take 30 minutes it may take 1 hour but it happens :upset: it has become really annoying if you could help i would be apreciate it very much

P.S It happens with all the games i've tried to help(GTA San Andreas,Call Of Duty2,Commandos3,Need For Speed Underground 2,Pro Evolution Soccer 5...)

·
TSF Team Emeritus
3,450 Posts
Follow the 'Nvidia Drivers' link in my signature, make sure you use the 84.21 drivers as they are the most stable and have (so far) the best performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure i can use this drivers for my card?!
I uninstalled the previous ones and i installed the ones you told me and it started to stuck even when i didn't play games...The monitor was getting black all the time without rebooting for a while and then the graphics were stucking and i had to reboot!!! Now i installed again the previous drivers and i am ok at this section but the games still freezing help:sigh:

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Those drivers should work very well with your card. Did you follow the instructions in the NVIDIA drivers thread? It's very important that you install them correctly, and that the previous drivers are fully removed first, using Driver Cleaner or a similar program (link in my signature).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am gonna suicide i tried driver cleaner i erased everythin tha had the name nvidia in them i reinstalled 84.21 drivers and still the same any ideas?!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
What driver version were you using before?

Take the 84.21's off, put the old ones back on, and just continue with the rest of the steps in that Common Game Issues thread. We'll come back to the drivers later if we need to.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Download Memtest86 (link in my signature), and run it for at least 10 cycles (will take a few hours). If you have more than one RAM stick, run it for 10+ cycles on each stick individually (take the other(s) out). Let us know if it finds any errors.

Also download SensorsView Pro (link in my sig), and record the temps and voltages, both when the system is idle (at the desktop) and when under load (after a while in a game). Post the results here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.