Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
Well, we need to know what OS you are doing this on, what hardware you are using, what version of SC you are using, how did you install it, has it ever worked, what other things have you tried, have you looked in the error logs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it's Mac OS X 10.5.7 I got a battlechest so it had me install both the original and the expansion at the same time. This is the first time i've tried using it on my Mac, it installed fine but just wont run. There were no error messages.

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
Have you looked on SC's site for Mac issues? Are you sure that the game is compatible with OS X 10.5? What what I have seen, SC requires a special installer that must be downloaded from their website to work on Macs. Is your Mac a PowerPC or Intel Mac?

·
Emeritus
1,131 Posts
Unless Blizzard changed what is distributed on the discs, you need an installer from their web site to get StarCraft running on Mac OS X. What installer did you use? What version number of StarCraft is installed? I do know it works, since I have both StarCraft and the expansion installed (I think version 1.11).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The installer for OS X I downloaded says I need a 13 digit CD key, but mine just came with a 26 digit CD Key because both games are installed together. I have an intel core 2 Duo, can I still play the game on that computer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.