Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install IGI: im goin in. and when i try to install, it will lock up on one file from the cd, i already paused anti virus so if any one has any suggestions theyd be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
First of all... please don't double post it distracts us from the problem ( lots of people trying to fix the problem in 2 different spots kinda kills the collaboration) and now on to the problem!
There are a few things you can do:
1. Check the CD for scratches, and fix them ( disc doctor works well)
2. Clean the CD drive... Memorex makes a good CD drive cleaner
and
3. I'm guessing that your running Windows 2000, which is notorious for not being compatible with games, which very well might be your problem. If so I suggest looking for patches online, and if you can't find any, then try back here.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Upholding what Valiant said, I have had this problem from scratchy CD's. The scratch doesn't have to be that bad, just in the wrong spot.

Also if you are doing more gaming than aps, and you are running win2k, as Valiant hinted you would be better off with 98SE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
installed it before

first of all sorry, i was impatient and i wasnt getting a reply in the other category, and second, it is a clean cd and i have installed it on win2k before, we had it but we just had a major crash due to klez. But thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well you got me... if the Cd is clean, the Drive is clean, and you had it running on 2K before then I am stumped.... sorry... I think on it some more, and let you know

·
Registered
852 Posts
OOOH, I was pelted by Klez recently also.

Welcome to the forum, Toolfan- If you look at the bottom of the initial forum page, it shows who is on line at the time. The board is relatively new but is catching on quickly- tell all your friends about it. If there is no one on line, no one can answer your question!

I'm sorry I am not familiar with that particular game- but a clue might be what is the file it hangs on?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Do you have all the updates,driver updates,etc. installed for the new OS as you did for the old one when you got it to work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.