Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime i try to install this new game i just bought my computer locks up before it can even start installing. Also with a couple other games they will either load all the way then won't work when i try to play or will almost install all the way then lock up. It is a new computer but i know at least a couple of these games worked before. If anyone has anything to suggest let me know.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Hi jikemeier :wave: Welcome!

We will need some more information about your problem.

1. what game are you trying to install
2. what are the specs of you computer (ie OS, processor, amount and type of memory, and video card)
3. is this a custom built or vendor pc.
4. Does you pc lock up at any other time besides installing a game?

Tks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The game that won't install at all is Traitor's Gate. The game that loads about 90% then locks is Planescapes - Torment. The game that loads then locks up when i try to play (sometimes) is Icewind Dale.

OS - Windows 98

Processor - AMD Duron. I don't know were to find the processor speed but i think that it is around 1.2 GHz

Memory - 256 MB RAM

Video Card - the video card and sound card are actually part of the motherboard. It is an Azza motherboard.

This is a custom built PC.

I can't recall any other lock ups other than when i try to install/play games.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Go into device manager and look at the properties of your cd-rom. Under the settings tab change the DMA selection (if it is selected, then unselect it and vice versa)

Also, are the game cd's copies or original?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.