Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Moderator, Automotive Team
14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, wolfen1086, the most non tech guy on TSF fixed my wife's phone that wont charge past 85%, simply go to settings battery, scroll to the bottom click more settings, scroll to the bottom of that and turn off battery protection
They say it makes the battery last longer if you leave it on, well,we'll see, every phone I have ever had charges to 100% and works fine, if batteries are that crappy, its time to get off phones all togeather and get a darn house phone

14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but we only keep them until they are paid off with our carrier, then we end up upgrading, I had to upgrade from my Galaxy S4 running Cynogen 11 because of 5g, my S8 because the glass back was broken and they said they didn't have any more and forced me to upgrade, I'll upgrade this Nov from a 20 to a 22 because my pos otter box allowed my camera lenses to get broken, and I cant send it in for a warranty replacement because I am required by the state of NC to have one in case I'm called in for an emergency.
My wife had to upgrade because she is disabled and has a fall watch on her wrist, and her phone started sending me notifications that she fell every 5 minutes, and US cell said the phone was defective

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,770 Posts
It pays to buy the protective case and the glass face insert. OTOH I wouldn't pay for insurance.

· Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,615 Posts
I've used a cheap protective case and Liquid Glass on my last three phones. That's a span of around nine years, and I never had any damage to any of them. I upgraded to my current Galaxy S21 G5 when the battery in the previous phone started to be a problem.

14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It pays to buy the protective case and the glass face insert. OTOH I wouldn't pay for insurance.
my phone was being used as a radio and clock with the CAMERA, facing teh rear of the otter box clip when the camera lens broke, I contacted otterbox and they wont do anything,
I've used a cheap protective case and Liquid Glass on my last three phones. That's a span of around nine years, and I never had any damage to any of them. I upgraded to my current Galaxy S21 G5 when the battery in the previous phone started to be a problem.

I've use that black glass liquid stuff too, it was on the camera and front face, my front face has normal "scratches" fron normal use and the camera, I'm assumeing wouldnt have matterd since the black glass protects against scratched not breakage

· Registered
73 Posts
In all the many years and phones I've had, I've never used a protective case or screen, and NEVER fractured nor dented any of them. One phone was damaged, but that was when it was knocked into a ~1m deep hot tub...even then, it still worked far more than a majority of the time...just sometimes had to reboot after it would freeze up while using some apps...but never during a call (kinda odd, that).

· Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,615 Posts
This is especially true of military spec phones.
Virtually all the major brand new phones have an IP68 rating.

Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes.

14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've done the research the S22 and S22+ are EXACTLY the same the only one with more is the S22 ultra, I don't want a S22 Ultra, so should I get the S22 or S22+?

14,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so the memory and the vision nits is the only difference
Guess I'll get a S22+ because I don't like the size of the Ultra and the 22+ is the same size an the 20+ I have now
I'd keep the 20+ if the camera worked, U breakitwefixit says I need to warranty in because they cant replace teh camera, Samsung says I have to mail it back to them with the original reciept or warrenty paperwork and that it will take 10 to 20 days to process it and send me a new phone, in the mean time I'm out of contact with work which will get me in BIG trouble since I am on call a lot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts