Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes not always in the middle of playing a game my pc will just re-start... No warning, no lock up, it just shuts down and restarts! Any clues?

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
IS it only during play this certian game or does this happen when doing other things as well.

One you processor could be over heating or your game is cuasing a memory fault and has the setting shut down on errors enabled.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only happens...

This shutdown only happens when playing this particular game.. and it does not happen all the time just like 1 out of every 4 times i play it.

I run a P4 2.4, 512mb pc2700, WinXP, GeForce4 440mx 64mb, Soundblaster xgamer, 450w Power supply with 5 fans in the case. Over heating is next to impossable :D

I also play Anarchy Online frequently and this never happens anywhere else.
thanks for your help

·
Registered
32 Posts
believe it or not this may be a keyboard problem. Do you by any chance have a fancy programable keyboard.

I had a game (MOH ver 1.0) that would log on to the internet on its own, and crash the game every time i followed a certain sequence of mouse clicks and used the games user preferrence short cut keys.

I contacted the game company tech sup, and they were aware of this and did patch it eventually.

Your sequence of commands may be equivalent to an ascii reset.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a logitech cordless keyboard not much fancy stuff on it abd an IBM optical wheel mouse

·
Registered
32 Posts
When you said cordless keyboard this rang a bell. Email tech support at logitech and tech support for the game. Make sure you explain the problem but also include all the hardware info for the system you are using.

This is not the quickest solution but these are the right people to talk to. And I believe the keyboard is the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ive just read your post about game crashes
my comp crashes randomley whenever I play galactic battle grounds
mobo is a asus p4800 with a celeron 2800 processor 1g ram and a nvidea ge force 7600gt graphics card

your post caught my eye because one of the replys metioned keyboards i have a saitek programable one

any help would be appreciated

ps my sons comp never crashes with this game and his is much older and lower spec

ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.