Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone, and thanx for welcome message.
Recently I bought my computer with a Gainward GeForce 4
TI 4200 video card, installation went great, played a few games,
downloaded some jams, you know basic stuff. Anyway I turned my computer off and came back later to turn it on and I was not able to get anything on my moniter, sent video card back and recieved new one, well the same problem occured. Can not get any good help from Gainward, can anyone give it a shoot. If you need my system hardware will be happy to give it to you.

God Bless AMERICA
God Bless THE OHIO STATE 2002 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome 1BadBuckeye,

Have you tried connecting another monitor to it??? A known good monitor...

How did you know that it was your video card??? Did the PC start beeping when you turned it on??? Try taking out your video card and turning on your PC if it POST... Then do the same for your memeory...

But it might just be that your monitor went out on you...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the reply drifter. I still have my old tower and hooked my moniter back up to it and there was no problem with the moniter. there was no beep when i turned my computer down, normal shutdown. i have taken the video card out and let the computer start windows and after a few minutes i shut it back down and reinstalled the video card with same problem.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sounds like you are not even getting POST... So there for it might be something other then your video card... Did you try taking out the memory and turning the PC on to see if it POST???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the reply Drifter, At the present time I am waitng for my
new video card to be returned to me by Gainward. I am looking at 4 to 5 days. When I do get the new card I will let you all know what the outcome will be. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I recieved my new video card, installed the little bugger and have had no problems so far. Thanx everyoe for all the replys. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Boot-up display

I have the same sort of problem with my Gainward Ti4200.

My card was working fine. I discovered that I had a virus, W32.Pinfi. I installed some anti-virus software then restarted my PC.

I now have no signal at post-boot and boot. As soon as the boot-up gets to the XP boot screen the graphics card gives a signal but prior to this there is nothing displayed to screen. I have added an old Matrox PCI card so if I connect to the Matrox I can see the post-boot/boot sequence/screen, then as it gets to the login screen I can change back to my Ti4200… Hardly Ideal!

I’ve ended up having to format my HD and reinstall XP Pro, due to the virus, but I still have this quirk at boot-up, so that if I need to make any bios changes, or start in safe mode, etc then I need two graphics cards installed! One to see the DOS style screen and a decent one to play games on!

Any Ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to the forum Busa,

I would go download the latest BIOS for your MB and flash the BIOS before applying it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.