Tech Support banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just going to make it simple. I need to reinstall windows 10 because it has gotten corrupt :(? How do I go about doing that?

Thanks

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
7,046 Posts

·
Registered
41,107 Posts
You can also go here Download Windows 10 and choose Update Now. then Keep Files. Or you can choose to Download the Tool, and save the ISO image to your desktop and then right click it and choose Mount it will create a virtual DVD drive with the contents of the image viewable, Then double click Setup.exe. Or you can burn the ISO image to a USB Flash drive using the Media Creation Tool. If you want to do it later.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have the Product ID for windows 10 even though it is installed? I think I have the windows 7 product ID that it came with. What happened was when they were offering the free upgrade the computer was upgraded to windows 10. Does that matter? Also I cannot get on the computer to see what version it is. The computer won't even load to the windows screen. I get this strange loop where it says that I need an update. I click next and it does its thing... restarts... but I will have to deal with the same screen again...

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
7,046 Posts
You probably need the 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home. As far as the Product ID for Windows 10, because Microsoft now keeps a record of your computer's unique ID and matches it up with a legit Windows 10 license, when you re-install Windows 10, and if you're connected to the internet, Microsoft will auto-register your Windows 10 license.

If you do not think you were running the 64-bit version of Windows, what version of Windows 7 is listed on the Windows 7 Product ID/Key sticker?

If you don't have that, what is the make and model number of the computer?

If you don't know or have that info, what does it say about the CPU in the CMOS/BIOS/UEFI Setup? Is it 32- or 64- bit?

If it doesn't say, what make and model number is listed for the CPU?

Also, while you're in there, how much RAM is in it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might actually be lucky and not need a product key. If you've already had Windows 10 on your machine it should activate automatically with a Digital Licence.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't have the Product ID for windows 10 even though it is installed? I think I have the windows 7 product ID that it came with. What happened was when they were offering the free upgrade the computer was upgraded to windows 10. Does that matter? Also I cannot get on the computer to see what version it is. The computer won't even load to the windows screen. I get this strange loop where it says that I need an update. I click next and it does its thing... restarts... but I will have to deal with the same screen again...

View attachment 330145
In the search box on the Taskbar, type "System Information". Look for "System type". It will say x64, or x86 (32 bit).

·
Registered
41,107 Posts
Press the Windows key+X and choose Device Manager. Here, any devices with Yellow flags need to have Drivers installed. Go to the MSI Download page, type in your Make and Model# and download any drivers that you require from the Device Manager . If there are any apps they should also be available here, like the RGB colored back lights of your keyboard if they are not working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts