Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I sort of have an issue that I hope you guys could figure out for me.

I have just got online 3 years ago and my PC had Windows XP on it. Since I have rebuilt my PC, I have installed Windows 98SE in it since I only have a legal copy of that OS and did not want to buy XP at the time of my rebuild due to the cost of the motherboard, hard drive, video card, etc.

Well, I have a website that I could access through the FTP addy in XP and was able to drag and drop, delete, add, and edit files there to change my site manually (don't have MySQL or PHP) and now since I have Windows 98, I am unable to do this.

I can see the files and web pages in FireFox, but in IE6 the page cannot be displayed. I cannot do any editing with firefox on PlanetETF.com either since this change.

Is there some program I need to add to do what I used to do with XP or what?

Thanks.

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi MulletMan

I think something like LoGraf's free FTP tool might do - it's an older version (from 2001), and should get along with Win98se pretty well --- http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=22110 --- scan the download to make sure it's clean, since I'm not familiar with that particular download site. Many other such tools are available at download.com, too.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I am a FireFox user and there was an addon called FireFTP, so I tried it out and it works great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.