Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people this is my first build so i want to do this right!! Help me out...
Here is my problem, i have an ECS L7S7A2 MoBo with and AMD Athlon Xp2600+ and 512 mb DDR2700 i have installed everything correctly but when i look into bios or into system it says im running a XP2000+ at 1.67Ghz this is a pretty big fall in power .. why is this i am stumped have been looking everywhere on the internet and have not found anything like my problem some that are kinda like it but nothing that hits it right on the head.. Is this because im running at a low FSB speed (133 mhz) or the CPU/DRAM clock ration is wrong which is at i belive 1:1 by default .. which i might add everything is at default.. i dont have the Brass just to start playing with bios without hardcore correct information. please help me!!
thanks Robert-:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... is there somekind of program that i can download to make sure what my computer has in it?? I just want to make sure because i didnt spend money on it not to get every piece of performance out of it , ya know? thanks for the reply. keep them coming guys!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot guys for the info and i checked it out with the 3rd party software and my cpu is in fact running at the speed it says and the proplem that i think it is is that my fsb is running at 133 and should be running at 166 to make the 2600 run at the right speed (12.5 x 166) and also to make my pc 2700 run at 333mhz
so all i have to do know is find out how to do that the manual doesnt say exactly how to do this but i am calling ecs tomarrow moring! the bios doesnt let me do it but there are some jumpers on the MoBo that allow this but i want to find out from ecs exaclty how to do this! i hope all this helps anyone else that runs into this problem!

thanks agian all
Robert-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.