1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there,
I've just built my new computer - specs:
Core i7 920 ( 2.66ghz )
OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 ( manufact code: OCZ3G1333LV6GK )

X58M MSI motherboard

Pretty much, it's started blue screening. First I had problems installing windows 7, took out two of the 3 ram cards and it worked after that. I then put them back in and my system worked for about 30 mins till my first blue screen came, now it's fairly frequent.

I have not changed any of my bios settings and hoped they would be correct but remember reading somewhere that they may not be.
CPU-Z says the following:
GENERAL

Type: DDR3
Size: 6144MBytes
Channels # triple
NB Freq: 2138.6

TIMINGS

DRAM FREQ: 534.6
FSB:DRAM 2:8
CL: 7.0 CLOCKS
tRCD 7 CLOCKS
tRP 7 CLOCKS
tRAS 18 CLOCKS
Trfc: 59 CLOCKS
cOMMAND RATE: 1T

I don't know much about RAM, and I don't know if that means I have the right settings or not. I have a feeling, somewhere in there may be a problem, but... I am fairly computer savvi, just not when it comes down to details of RAM voltage etc.

Please can someone check them for me?

I also then downloaded and ran MEMtest from a bootable cd, which gave whole load of errors which meant nothing to me. Then, the same with the one that comes with windows 7, only.. it said there were errors then when it started up, about to report them to me ( back in windows now )... it blue screened and I have no idea where the results are stored.

I'm fairly certain anyway, that the problem lies with the ram.
I have done a chkdsk which returned no errors, although the hard drive I am using is an old one from an age old PC which has been under the desk for a long long time( IDE Maxtor 80gb ), but I don't think this is the problem.

Please help me, any advice I would greatly appreciate. As you can imagine after making a whole system, when something like this happens it's just a bit irritating and i'm wondering where I went wrong ( if it was me.. may be OCZ ).

I built my last system which lasted 4 years with no problems like this. I never edited any bios settings or anything.. every time before I have put ram in.. it just worked.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.