Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

I have a cobbled together PC (acorp 266A-8233 board and AMD 1700 proc)

I finally caved and loaded XP SP2 on it and now it ID's my sound as a creative ES1370.

I have had this PC for a while and it actually has a realtek ac97 integrated etc etc etc.

No matter what I do to delete the creative it comes back. I cleaned the registry and deleted the card over and over, but it wont find the AC97.

I have all the latest and greatest drivers etc for the AC too.

When I delete and restart it comes up and tries to find the midi dev, cant and makes it an unknown with a yellow "!" on it.

Then it finds a Mulitmedia Audio Controller but cant 'finish' it because the hardware is wrong. It displays in the Dev Mgr as a yellow question mark.

It finds the Creative Audio PCI (ES1370), SB PCI 64/128 (WDM) and according to the Dev Mgr its working (NOT)

It loads a gameport for Creative that "working" also.

I have checked the 'net ad nauseum and cant find anything about XP incorrectly identifying (sp?) components.

I have the XP version of realtek for this motherboard.

Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope.

If this doesn't work out, I will have to reinstall :(

Thanks to all that listen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for trying REDALERT- I truly appreciate the effort. The driver cleaner did a nice job of cleaning off old drivers, but it didnt help my problem. I finally disabled the creative and loaded the new HD codecs and the sound came on. I went back in and uninstalled the creative stuff and ran a registry cleaner, to no avail.

When I reboot- the creative sound, game and midi all try to load. I finally let them, and just disabled them in the profile. It is working ok, for now. I will figure it out eventually, I just get tired of messing with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.