Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new computer with Windows 2000 on it. I am still using Front Page 98. When I try to open up FP, I am told "there is no server on Port 80 at server...." I have searched MS web site but none of the info works. When I go to the control panel, there is no personal webserver listed, nor is it listed in the add/remove feature. But FP says I do have it installed. I am totally baffled as to how to solve this problem. Any ideas?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I tried your fix my computer wanted access to service pack 4. The store installed it, not me and I don't have it. The store is not conviently located. Any suggestions or do I have to call them up and complain?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally figured out what the problem was, the computer was looking in the wrong drive. After changing the drive it finally installed. But then I developed a new problem. When I tried to load FP 98 it would ask for a password, which I never set up to use when I installed the software. When I would cancel out I would get the message NTLM authentication failed (code-2146893048). A search on MS web site yeilded a fix but it was for FP 2000, which I am not using. In desperation I finally tried uninstalling FP, and deleting by hand all the other files related to FP. I then reinstalled everything, but this time I provided a password for FP. This time it worked. I hate having to type in my user name and password to access the files, but oh well. Least I am able to access my old web sites. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.