Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My idiot friend built a computer for me, it would start up but would not show anything on the screen. We took it to geek squad and when they tested it they layed the computer on its side to start it and POP, something fried. We tested the power supply and it was not working properly. It wasnt until we got back that I found the motherboard spacers in a bag of leftover parts. I assume this is the cause considering the board was laying on a steel case when he started it up (every time my buddy started it, it was standing up). I dont know if that could also short out the power supply or maybe it was bad to begin with. Would this fry everything else in my computer as well (CPU, RAM, Video Card)? Its a brand new motherboard, I think its the p5n-d made by asus. Im unsure whether to just buy a new board and powersupply or what, any feedback is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it to work, but I had to bump my powersupply down to 500w cause thats all i had available at the time. My only concern is my CPU Temp, its about 65 idle and 70-80 just installing my apps. My heat sink has 2 fans but one is not working (maybe not enough power?) Im currently running a ASUS p5n-d Mobo, Core Duo 3.16, 8 GB RAM, and 2 GeForce 8600 GT 512MB video cards. I dont know if this is too high or what. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.