Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, newcomer here :)

Anyways, I've had a Toshiba Laptop for a while now with Windows 7. Over time, I've installed lots of software I don't really need. So now, my computer is pretty slow to start up and the general speed has had a significant drop. So instead of taking time to uninstall all the programs I don't need (which will still probably leave me with lots of dead links and a very messy registry), I decided it would be better to just do a clean install. However, being the cheap dudess Laptop manufacturers usually are, Toshiba has not provided me with a Windows 7 install disk, and being the lazy guy I am, I did not create a system restore disk when I got the Laptop. I looked at the Microsoft backup programs, but my restore points only go a few months back. If I don't find a way to start with a clean state on Windows 7, I may just have to dig up that old XP CD :(

TL;DR: I need a way to restore Windows 7 to the point as if it was just after a fresh install without a Windows 7 CD or prior system images/recovery points.

Thanks all, cheers!

·
Moderator Hardware Team
13,691 Posts
hi and welcome to tfs, do you have a recovery partion on that laptop. To find the recovery partiton go to;

START>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management.

On the left side (navigation pane) select disk manager. This will show you all the partitions on the HDDs

On the same drive as the os (C:) there should be a partition (between 6 and 10 Gb, maybe larger) labeled "Recovery", "System", "Restore" and even rarely "OEM". That would be your recovery partition. it will not have a drive letter.

if you have a recovery partition, power down hold 0 while holding zero power up, if that doesn't work try f10 could be alt + f10 should say in your manual

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.