Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed fresh windows xp and when tryin to install software the computer cut off...i have a PCCHIPS M848ALU V2.1 motherboard and AMD Athlon 2600+ Processor...i set everthing in bios to default....can somebody help?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i was tryin to install my usb network adapter, when i tried to install any software (winamp, aim, etc..) it cut off. dont have any other hardware installed, just video card, everything else is onboard. i checked the temp of the cpu its like under 70C (45C - 60C). i even set the processor at lowest speed possible.

·
Registered
95 Posts
and it just straight out turns off or does it come with a blue screen of death?
so when you first came to this problem, you were installing a network adapter...
did you try unplugging that, and see if your computer works without that... and how long?
at first if your tempereatures are 50 thats fine, but if its like 60, then i think thats not good enough, if your computer starts being stressed it can easily jump 10 or 20 more C, and that would result in overheating which is why the instant shut off.
I would check the cpu cooler just in case, try to see if it is firmly in place, and spins fast enough.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
now it sometime freezes when windows starts up (when loading after the windows xp screen), it just cut off no blue screen of death, i just got the mobo n processor, tryin to get it to work, i check the cpu temp in bios and its like 45c - 47c, cpu fan is spinnin n cool....thanks for ur help, do you have any instant msger, i can aim u up for more help...do you think its the bios? or the speed i set the processor on? i think it did it when i was installing windows too, it freezes when copyin files, i had to install like 3 times

·
Registered
95 Posts
okay, i dont think its cpu overheat, if this cooler is good. at 45 is good temperature.
if your ram timings are bad then it could freeze. reset defaults in bios.

·
Registered
95 Posts
either your settings or the moboard is bad. try resetting the bios, and don't hook up things to your comp, see if that works.

·
Registered
95 Posts
thats an option too, after you reset your bios to defaults. press f2 or delete key several times when you turn on the comp. and there would be an option to restore defaults.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay i can try that later today, heres wht i have:

motherboard: asus a7v8x-x
processor: amd athlon xp 2600+
memory: kingston ddr sdram pc2700 (512mb)
video: nvidia riva tnt2 model 64
psu: power tronic pk-6145dt3 (145 watt max)

cpu temp: 51.5c
vcore: 1.65v
+3.3v: 3.31v
+5v: 4.97v
+12v:11.96

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yea i just looked at the psu yest, i thought the same thing, it runs without the usb network adapter, probably its the psu, do everything else look okay? thanks for all yall help

·
Registered
95 Posts
for a p4, you NEED to use at least a 300-400 watt power supply. you should really try out a better PSU, my p4 does not even start up with a 200 watt supply.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the dell is factory bought comp., but i just put in a 250 watt psu and comp working fine now, thanks for all the help, couldnt done it w/o yall

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.