Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have posted about this problem before but none of the suggestions given worked unfortunately. lately whenever i play graphics intensive games i have been experiencing the exact same problem over and over. everything will be running fine, nice and smooth, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere the game will freeze, the sound will continually loop for about a one second interval and the video will just freeze. at that point nothing responds, ie the keyboard or mouse, and the only thing I am able to do is turn off the computer. i have even let the computer sit in this frozen state for almost an hour and it stayed exactly the same, still making the sound loop and all. i have no idea what is wrong... i have virus scanned, defraged etc etc..even got a big ram upgrade. any suggestions would be appreciated.

1ghz amd athlon
384mb sdram
40gb hd
geforce2 ultra

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and if this is the wrong section to post this in, i apologize in advance, i'm just not sure which section it should go in because i don't even know what is wrong with my computer :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
What game are you playing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
im having the same problem as you, what is the cause and why was a sound card mentioned.

specs:

amd athlon xp 2000+
512 ddr ram
40gb hard drive

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same trouble with "Black & White" and "Neverwinter Nights"!

My config is

Win2000 Prof. (no SP installed)
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
256 MB DDR
Geforce2 MX 400
MSI KT3 Ultra Mainboard
Realtek ALC650 On-Board-Sound

So if anyone has a solution for that problems, please post it!!!

So long, Loop

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm playing star wars knights of the old republic and its only freezing on 1 file and when its loading up. but im still running on 2000 but it ran fine until now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.