Tech Support banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I have a problem with my FreeSync monitor. It basically works fine. But when I start the computer and start a game, or sometimes when I tab out of a game and return to it, the screen is extremely blurred when I move the camera or scroll. I noteced that it also happens inside of Microsofts Xbox App. On the desktop or inside a browser I can not see any blur.

I can fix that by deactivating FreeSync on my monitor (via the OSD of the monitor itself) and activate it again. That fixes it, until I tab out of the game (sometimes, not always) but it is very annyoing to always reactivate it, especially because some games don't react well to it or change the resolution after it. I have those problems since I got it.

I have the newest drivers installed, currently 451.67

When I got the monitor I followed this setup: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ag6a9f
My specs:
Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: Asus GTX 1070TI
MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
Monitor: LG 34UC79G-B, 21:9, 144Hz, 2560x1080

The settings on my monitor are:
Game Mode: Custom Game (other modes are FPS1, FPS2 and RTS. I don't really know what these do, but all other modes too dark for my taste)
Black Stabilizer: 100
FreeSync: On
1ms Motion Blur Reduction: Off (can't be activated with FreeSync)
Response Time: Fast

The monitor is connected via a DisplayPort Cable (direct, no adapters, the one shipped with the monitor)

I have a second monitor conntected via HDMI that is not FreeSync (or any Sync) capable.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Airwolf89

·
Team Manager - Networking, Moderator - Hardware
19,845 Posts
Likely a driver glitch related to you "tabbing out" or exiting the game. Games often take control of the screen, even if you game at the screens native resolution. It's often obvious if you have a two monitor setup and the wallpaper on the second screen will be moved (I see this all of the time). Sounds like all that is happening is that the game and monitor are "losing sync". Hence why it is fixed by disabling and reenabling Free Sync mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts